Bid applications open for 2018 ITTF-Oceania Hopes Week & Challenge
November 23, 2017
Bid applications are now open for the 2018 ITTF-Oceania Hopes Week & Challenge.
The 2018 ITTF-Oceania Hopes Week & Challenge will play an integral part in the pathway towards the ITTF World Hopes Week & Challenge. The event will include a five-day training camp, and coach education seminars, and finish with a one-day competition.
The ITTF-Oceania Development Program will be assisting financially for the hosting of the event, and the assistance will be as follows :
- $4,000AU to the host (upon presentation of event related invoices, which will be reimbursed following the completion of the event)
- ITTF-Oceania will cover the airfare and indemnity of the ITTF- Oceania High Performance Officer, who will be the expert in charge of the ITTF-Oceania Hopes Week & Challenge. However, the host must provide accommodation, local transport, meals and internet connection for the expert
About the event:
As in recent years, the 2018 event will have the following entry requirements for the ITTF-Oceania Hopes Week & Challenge:
- There will be a maximum of 8 boys and 8 girls
- Each National Association may have a maximum of 2 boysand 2 girls participate
- Should these numbers not be met, the host association will beeligible to fill the numbers, so that there are 8 boys and 8girls
- Each National Association is encouraged to send 1 coach forevery two athletes, it is compulsory that all athletes must beaccompanied by a coach
- National Associations which have hosted National HopesWeeks during 2017, or in recent years, will be givenpreference for entry
- The Host Association is expected to provide sparring partnersfor the training camp, ideally 4 Junior/Cadet Boys and 4 Junior/Cadet Girls.
The ITTF-Oceania Hopes Challenge will be used as the qualification event for the ITTF World Hopes Week & Challenge. Oceania has quota places for 1 boy and 1 girl.
Requirements of the event:
The ITTF Hopes Program focuses on providing opportunities for athletes in the 11 and 12-year-old age categories (for the 2018 event, participants must be born in 2006 or 2007 only), including training camps, international competitions, and assistance throughout the year. ITTF-Oceania will provide the head coach for the training camp while the host will be responsible for all camp and tournament organization including hosting the athletes, accompanying persons, and coaches at their own cost.
Dates of the Event:
There are no specific dates required, however the event must take place before 15th May 2018, to ensure ample time is allowed for the participants to meet entry requirements for the ITTF World Hopes Week & Challenge (due to take place between mid June and mid July 2018). It is highly recommended that the event take place during School Holidays to allow maximum participation.
Please complete the 2018 Hopes Week & Challenge Bidding Form, detailing all information required in the form, and send your completed application to your national association for approval.
Application deadline – 15th December 2017
Any further questions in regards to the ITTF-Oceania Hopes Week & Challenge should be forwarded to Patrick Wuertz (ITTF-Oceania High Performance Officer) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org