ITTF-Oceania COVID-19 Statement
March 17, 2020
In light of the rapid spread of COVID-19 around the world, the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) has decided to suspend all activities provisionally until the end of April 2020.
Following the declaration by the World Health Organization of COVID-19 as a pandemic and the increased number of international travel restrictions, the ITTF has decided to suspend all activities provisionally, with the health and safety of athletes, coaches, officials and fans as the top priority.
The suspension comes into effect from Tuesday 17th March 2020 and relates to all ITTF sanctioned events, High Performance and Development activities and ITTF Foundation activities that had been due to start between the above date and the end of April 2020.
Following the ITTF announcement, ITTF-Oceania held an urgent meeting on Monday 16th March at which it was decided to suspend/postpone the following events:
- 2020 ITTF-Oceania Hopes & Mini Cadet Week & Challenge (2nd – 8th April)
- 2020 ITTF-Oceania Under 15 Elevate Camp (14th – 17th April)
- 2020 ITTF-Oceania Annual General Meeting (18th April)
- 2020 ITTF-Oceania Olympic Singles & Mixed Doubles Qualification (19th & 20th April)
- 2020 ITTF-Oceania Junior Championships (20th – 25th April)
- 2020 ITTF-Oceania Championships (21st – 25th April)
For now, the 2020 ITTF-Oceania Cup on the 30th & 31st May will still be going ahead in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.
We will be considering alternative dates for these events in consultation with the ITTF and will make a further announcement, specific to each event, before the end of April 2020.
Thank you for your understanding.