Job Opportunity: Operations Manager at Fiji Table Tennis Association
June 29, 2020
JOB TITLE: Operations Manager
JOB TYPE: 6-month full-time contract. Possibility for extension in 2021.
WAGES: The Operations Manager (OM) will be paid a gross annual salary between $22-25,000FJD plus performance-related bonuses, related to new sponsorship agreements. Super, FNPF contributions will be paid by the employer as per the Employer’s obligations as regulated. Tax & medical requirements are to be the responsibility of the OM.
LOCATION: Suva, Fiji.
MANAGER: The OM will report to the Board of Directors of Fiji Table Tennis Association and ITTF-Oceania, the governing body of table tennis in Oceania.
POSITION SUMMARY: Based in Suva at the FTTA office and/or their home office, the Operations Manager (OM) provides leadership to manage the direction of FTTA in a manner commensurate with its mission and values. Responsibilities include implementation of the FTTA strategic plan as adopted by the Board of Directors; ensuring operational efficiency, sustainability and promotion of FTTA programs and services; effectively building relationships and communication with volunteers, partners and
sponsors; managing public relations, media, and marketing initiatives; taking measures to ensure the fiscal soundness of FTTA; making fair-and-responsible personnel actions; and achieving success in resource-development initiatives. Moderate travel will be required.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITY: Directing the implementation of the 2020 Strategic Plan and drive the growth of the Fiji Table Tennis Association (FTTA).
• Responsible for the obligations within all agreements with ITTF-Oceania.
• Act as the sole linkage and point of accountability between the Board of Directors and the operations of FTTA.
• Direct liaison between ITTF-Oceania and FTTA.
• Manage personnel employed and seconded by FTTA, including but not limited to development officers, local and international volunteers (JICA, AVI etc).
• Management of relationships with key external stakeholders, including but not limited to, the National Olympic Committee, the National Sport Council, the National Paralympic Committee, the Government of Fiji, and any local engagements as well as all key stakeholders (schools, disability organisations etc)
• Management of FTTA finances in conjunction with FTTA treasurer and in his/her absence the secretary.
• Event administration, communication, marketing and sponsorship responsibilities.
• Implementation of the FTTA Strategic Plan
• Commercial and business development in line with the Strategic Plan
• Further enhancement of FTTA’s governance.
• Submission of reports in a professional and timely manner.
• Assist in sound management of financial responsibilities of FTTA.
• Ensure professional communication is maintained with ITTF-Oceania.
Candidates for the position of Operations Manager should demonstrate:
• Over 3 years’ experience working with national, regional, or international sporting
organisations or in a management position in the corporate sector.
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Fijian.
• High level written ability involving the structure of reports and funding applications.
• Strong organisational skills, with the ability to meet reporting deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to build rapport with key external stakeholders.
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently.
• Intermediate to advance MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Relevant tertiary education in Sports Management or Business.
• Table Tennis or other sporting knowledge.
• Experience living or working in Pacific Island Countries or developing countries.
• Experience running Sport for Development and Health programs, or other similar social development programs.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to
email@example.com. Please contact the above email if you have any questions in relation to this position. Applications close Thursday the 9th July.