Applications Open for the 2022 World Table Tennis Day Promoter
October 28, 2021
The International Table Tennis Federation Foundation (“ITTF Foundation”) is looking for 25 passionate organisers to take part in celebrating the 2022 World Table Tennis Day (“WTTD”).
WTTD has established itself as a symbol of social inclusiveness and the day on which we celebrate our favourite sport. The 2021 WTTD focused on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls by contributing to FEMpowerment through Table Tennis. The ITTF Foundation supported dedicated promoters around the world, thus creating an impact on gender equality through Table Tennis in their local communities.
The next edition celebrates the 50th anniversary of Ping Pong Diplomacy and looks to contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions. Under the motto “Peace on the Table”, WTTD 2022 seeks to reconcile, create dialogues, and build bridges around table tennis tables everywhere.
The ITTF Foundation will provide:
- Close guidance from the World Table Tennis Day team
- Financial support (EUR 750) to cover the expenses related to the organisation and promotion of the WTTD event
- Tools (in form of toolkits, promotional content, etc.)
- Network of other passionate organisers working on Ping Pong Diplomacy
- Certificate issued by the ITTF Foundation
The Promoters are expected to:
- Actively promote the spirit of WTTD and grassroots diplomacy in their community, country or territory
- Address a local conflict, work on improving the situation by bringing divided parties together to the table
- Showcase how our sport can drive positive social change
- Organise an event around Ping Pong Diplomacy on April 6, 2022
Click HERE to apply.
Applications close on December 6, 2021. For more information or assistance with the online form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org