Job Opportunity: Disability Program Manager
January 19, 2022
Job title: Disability Program Manager
Job type: 30 hours per week
LOCATION: The primary location will be the employee’s home office within the Oceania region. Extensive international travel is required, and applicants should be willing to work as necessary rather than regular office hours.
MANAGER: ITTF-Oceania Chief Executive Officer.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITY: To manage the implementation of the Smash Down Barriers (SDB) table tennis disability program in Fiji and Tonga and to increase the capacity of Member Associations to deliver inclusive participation programs.
- Manage the successful implementation of the SDB program in targeted Pacific Island Countries;
- Produce quarterly and six-monthly reports for the SDB program, as well as an annual report. Assist with other reports as required by the ITTF-Oceania Chief Executive Officer;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the Bounce it Back (BiB) schools program;
- Promote inclusion & active, healthy lifestyles through schools, disability organisations & community engagement activities;
- Enable participation through community groups & disability organisations with the provision of ITTF coach education courses;
- Support Member Associations to liaise with local councils and governments for financial support;
- Assist Oceania Member Associations with funding applications, as required;
- Liaise with Oceania Member Associations to provide support and daily assistance in their development and structure needs;
- Actively promote development activities, programs and incentives offered by the ITTF-Oceania Continental Development MoU, including gender equality and Para Table Tennis;
- Grassroots development: supervise, conduct and follow-up activities’ implementation (reports, certification, etc) including but not limited to participation courses, educational courses and talent identification;
- Ensure adequate data collection takes place for all development activities through standardised reporting to the ITTF-Oceania Chief Executive Officer;
- Other duties as required by the ITTF-Oceania Chief Executive Officer and/or the ITTF-Oceania Management Committee; &
- To abide by and be bound by the terms and provisions of the ITTF Handbook.
Candidates for the position of SDB Program Manager should demonstrate
- Relevant education/experience in Sports Management and/or Physical Education and/or Development;
- Experience working with schools and communities centres to implement participation programs;
- Experience working with volunteers, casual and part-time staff;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organisational skills and a demonstrated ability to manage budgets and multiple projects;
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Proven ability to build rapport with a wide range of stakeholders; &
- Sound Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills.
- Table tennis knowledge;
- Experience working with athletes with a disability;
- Experience living or working in Pacific Island Countries or developing countries; &
- Fluency in French.
- Sports Management / Business Degree
- National Police / Criminal History Check
- Working with Children / Working with Vulnerable People Check
- Drivers Licence
Please apply with your resume and a cover letter. Applications close on the 28th of January 2022.