Job Opportunity: Bounce it Back- Development Officer (Fiji)
May 10, 2022
JOB TITLE: Bounce it Back – Development Officer
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To support the successful delivery of the Bounce it Back Program in schools and communities.
JOB TYPE: Contract- 1 Year (30 Hours/week)
REMUNERATION: The contracted hourly rate will be $5FJD an hour inclusive of FNPF and leave provisions.
LOCATION: The primary location will be in Suva. Extensive local travel to the Western and Northern divisions is required and applicants should be willing to work as necessary rather than regular hours.
- Plan and coordinate programs/ projects to deliver targets to retain and grow participation for male, female, and people with disabilities players.
- To take specific responsibility for working with grassroots table tennis in increasing understanding and awareness of key issues and barriers i.e for women and girls, people with disability, and other under-represented groups to meet potential for growth and FTTA targets.
- Analyze and use national and local data & insight to design and deliver customer-focused services.
- Design and deliver a program of services to clubs and leagues.
- Develop club and league volunteers through Bounce it Back education program.
- Support the coach education program with local insight from key stakeholders.
- Lead and support the review and delivery of competition and league structures with providers to ensure they meet the needs of all players.
- Contribute to raising the profile and the perception of the FTTA in leading and developing grass root Table Tennis.
- Identify, manage and develop relationships with key partners to meet the objectives and targets of the FTTA.
- Develop relationships with local schools and universities to support the delivery of Table Tennis and increase participation.
- To assist and maintain safeguarding standards and policies.
- You may lead on specific areas of Table Tennis development from time to time.
Knowledge/ Experience/ Technical Skills/ Behaviors
- Practical experience of Sports with Table Tennis knowledge and rules.
- Physical Education/ Sports science qualification and or experience in physical education/gym fitness training.
- Knowledge of conducting promotional activities
- Demonstrate a working understanding and application of inclusion, equality and anti-discrimination, safeguarding and best practice
- Ability to work with partner organizations to deliver Table Tennis Development objectives
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, internet, and email
- Project management skills and experience
- Able to run small competitions
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of the structure and organizations within Table Tennis sports
- Knowledge of partner organizations within the Fiji Table Tennis Association locality
- Sports science/ physical education/ sports development/ other relevant qualification
- Demonstration of equality in action
- Communicating delivery
- Customer excellence
- Developing self and others
- Able to speak confidently in public
As this role involves direct access to young persons under the age of eighteen, within the context of the job or any subsequently related activities or responsibilities, the successful candidate will undergo a thorough screening process, which will include a criminal record check to ensure their suitability for the role.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
All applications to be addressed to The Operations Manager, Fiji Table Tennis Association, accompanied with the latest resume and relevant qualifications to be sent via email to: email@example.com no later than 15th May 2022, 5pm.